Double Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
They’re intensely chocolately and fudgy and rich which crispy edges and chewy insides. What more do you need in a cookie?
Adapted from this recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips until just incorporated (don’t overmix). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least one hour (up to overnight).
- Shape into balls and place on baking sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes until the edges are set – they’ll continue to cook for a few minutes on the baking sheets once they’re removed from the oven. Remove from oven and cool.