Blood Orange Habanero Tequila Spritz
For the habanero tequila:
- 3 habanero peppers, stemmed, deseeded and sliced
- 1 bottle agave tequila
For the spritz:
- 2 oz habanero tequila
- Juice from half of a lime
- 1/2 tsp agave
- 3 oz blood orange soda
- Champagne or prosecco
- Optional, for garnish: lime and orange slices, habanero
- Add the sliced habanero to the tequila bottle and reseal jar. Let rest overnight (up to 24 hours) at room temperature. Pour tequila through a sieve to strain out the habanero peppers. Store in a mason jar (or the original tequila bottle).
- Combine habanero tequila, lime juice, and agave in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a wine glass. Pour the blood orange soda into the glass and stir gently. Top with a splash of champagne and garnish as desired. Serve immediately.