Blood Orange Jalapeno Margaritas
The perfect holiday cocktail. Or really, the perfect anytime cocktail.
Makes two margaritas, but easily scalable if you’re in the mood for a whole pitcher.
- White sugar
- 1 jalapeno, sliced and/or deseeded
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) blanco tequila, I prefer Casamigos
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice (save the squeezed limes for rimming the glasses)
- 1.5 oz (a shot) Cointreau
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) of freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- Blood orange slices, for garnish
- Pour a layer of sugar onto a small plate. Run a wedge of lime along the rim of your glass. Dip the rim of the glass in the sugar. Add ice cubes to the glass and set aside. Repeat with the second glass.
- Muddle the jalapeno in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, cointreau, and blood orange juice. Place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into glasses and garnish with blood orange slices.