Boozy Blood Orange Creamsicle Slushies
Makes four slushies.
- Granulated sugar (optional, for rimming the glass)
- 1.5 cups vodka
- 1.5 cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 5-6 cups ice
- Whipped cream or cool whip
- Blood orange slices for garnish
- If rimming the glasses with sugar: moisten the rim of the glass with water or a wedge of orange. Dip each of the four glasses upside-down into a dish or small plate of sugar. Set aside.
- Add the vodka, blood orange juice, and 5 cups ice to a blender. Blend until a slushy consistency, adding the additional 1 cup ice if needed.
- Pour into glasses, stopping once the glasses are halfway full. Add a dollop of whipped cream or cool whip to each glass. Add the rest of the frozen drink to the glass.
- Garnish with the blood orange slices and enjoy immediately.