Homemade Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
These could not be any easier. Or more delicious. Keep them stored in an airtight container in the freezer and pop one out whenever you’re in the mood for a snack (or dessert, or meal…). This is the silicon candy mold that I use for these bad boys, but you can also use liners in a cupcake pan.
If you want to get fancy, these would also be great with a sprinkle of sea salt or shredded coconut on top.
Adapted from this recipe.
Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small cups
- 2 cups creamy, salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk the peanut butter and coconut oil together.
- If you’re using a muffin or cupcake pan, line the tin with paper liners.
- Divide half the peanut butter mixture evenly among the 12 cups. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the preserves in the middle of each peanut butter layer. Use a spoon to gently flatten the preserves.
- Top with the remaining peanut butter mixture and sprinkle a bit of the chopped peanuts over each cup. Freeze until solid, at least 30 minutes.
- Pop out of the molds or peel off the liners and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.