Spicy Blackberry Mint Margaritas
Hands down the best way to celebrate a taco tuesday. Remove the seeds from the jalapeno depending on your spice preference – we always leave them in around here. Because a spicy marg goes extra well with a bucket of queso.
I don’t like anything in my margaritas aside from the good stuff – tequila, lime juice, and agave. No mixers, juice, etc. But if you’re looking to lighten them up a bit (and/or not end up under the table after 4 of them), adding a bit of club soda is a great way to accomplish that without changing the flavor of the drink.
Makes two margs but easily scalable into a pitcher.
- 10 blackberries
- 1/2 a jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Handful of mint leaves, torn, plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) blanco tequila
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) light agave
- Club soda (optional)
- Lime slices or wedges for garnish
- Muddle the berries, jalapeno, and mint in a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, lime juice, agave. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain into two glasses filled with ice. Add a bit of the leftover muddled mixture as desired. Top with a splash of club soda if you’d like to lighten them up a bit.
- Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves and enjoy.