Brown Butter Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
ALL THE BUTTERS.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 cups marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Grease a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Brown butter in a large saucepan by melting the butter over medium heat, whisking continuously, until it foams and and then turns a golden brown with brown bits at the bottom, approximately 5 minutes. Once the bits turn an amber color and the butter smells nutty, reduce the heat to low. Stir in 4 cups marshmallows and the peanut butter, stirring until the marshmallows are fully melted and the mixture is a smooth, even consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir to combine. Once everything is incorporated, gently stir in the remaining 2 cups marshmallows. Pour into the prepared 9×13 pan, using a spatula to press the mixture into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments over low heat, stirring in between. Once fully melted, stir in the vegetable oil.
- Remove the Rice Krispie bars from the refrigerator and pour the melted chocolate over the top.
- Let harden at room temperature (2-3 hours, or in the fridge if it’s hot outside), cut into squares or bars, and serve.
Christi SchoeningSeptember 16, 2020 at 7:52 am
hello there, your article is very good.Following your articles.
Comments are closed.