Browned Butter Chocolate Chunk Funfetti Cookies
These cookies don’t need any introduction.
Makes 12-18 cookies depending on size.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles, divided
- Brown butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking continuously, until it foams and turns a golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and move the butter into a large mixing bowl. Let the butter cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the sugars to the browned butter and whisk until well-incorporated. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Mix in the chocolate and 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles.
- Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and chill the dough overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out the balls of dough (around the size of a golf ball), and place them a few inches apart – the cookies will spread as they bake.
- Sprinkle the cookie balls with the remaining 1 tbsp sprinkles, gently pressing the sprinkles into the tops of the cookies. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Once they’ve cooled and set up a bit, transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.